A Bay Area native, Erin graduated from UC Berkeley and Loyola Law School, later earning a master’s in journalism from Stanford University, where she won the “Excellence in Journalism” award. She worked as a newspaper reporter covering law firms for several years and then spent more than two decades working as a freelance legal affairs journalist, writing novels in her spare time.
In addition to book club fiction, Erin writes contemporary romance under the pen name Jenna Starly.
Erin loves reading, knitting, yoga, and spending time in Lake Tahoe.
She lives in San Francisco with her family.
Erin Gordon’s Favorite Books
1. Rules of Civility by Amor Towles
2. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
3. Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld
4. Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb
5. The Palace Thief by Ethan Canin
6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
7. Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
8. From the Corner of the Oval by Beck Dorey-Stein
9. Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
10. Every Living Thing by James Herriot
I also love women’s fiction and historical fiction.